Donations are accepted any time that the shop is open. Bring your seasonal, new or gently used items to the front desk and the volunteers will assist you. All items must be in sale able condition with no missing or broken parts. Clothing must be in season with no stains or tears and no missing buttons or broken zippers. Please remember that items are either sold or sent to charities in need.
Consignments: The shop is staffed by volunteers and therefore consignments are accepted only during consignment hours. The consignment teams are in place on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10:00AM-11:15 AM from September to mid-June. The shop is open, but there are no consignments during the summer.
Consignors receive 60% of the sale price determined between the volunteer and the consignor and sold within one month of the consignment date.. At each consignment session a consignor may bring in up to fifteen items. The volunteers reserve the right to reject merchandise not in sale able condition or appropriate for the shop. There is a minimum price for consigned items that is currently $8.00.
Any item that has been left in the Shop without being sold within thirty days becomes property of the Shop and may be sold at half the ticketed price. All the proceeds then belong to the Shop.
Donations and consignments may include clothing, jewelry and accessories, pictures and art items, books, housewares, silverware, china, toys and games, books except for skis.
Each consignor will be assigned a permanent account number.
We gladly accept items that are usable, clean and in good condition. Our volunteers may decline donation, if in their judgement, it is not in sale able condition, or is too heavy or cumbersome. Any item that do not meet current standards of U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission will not be accepted.(The Consumer Protection Safety Improvement Act effective February 2009.)
LIST OF ITEMS THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT
- Air conditioners, dehumidifiers, humidifiers
- Bathing suits, new only with tags
- Bean bag chairs
- Beds, any kind
- Bikes , scooters, tricycles
- Board games, must be new and unopened
- Children’s items: Baby carriers, bassinets, booster seats, bouncers, car seats, carriers, changing tables, cribs (no bumpers either), jewelry, potty seats, walkers.
Items containing lead, including painted children’s furniture and toys.
Items containing phthalates, soft rubber toys, bath toys, inflatable items, teethers, pacifiers etc., Playpens/yards
Items with small magnets, puzzles, figures, other toys with magnets.
- Children’s jewelry. (Only gold, silver and pearl are accepted),
- Chests (with hinged lids only)
- Computers, printers, scanners , copiers, monitors
- Cornices, board mounted valances, large curtain or drapery rods.
- Encyclopedias, textbooks
- Exercise equipment
- Exercise wear. (Only new with tags)
- Flowers, dried
- Furniture, painted wood or metal, intended for children under 12
- Game tables
- Golf clubs & bags. (Only new ones accepted.)
- Guns, any kind, ammunition
- Halogen lamps
- Hair dryers, curlers, other hair care/styling products
- Hazardous waste, paints, solvents, fuels, oils or equipment containing these.
- Helmets, (sports) or any other gear/padding
- High chairs
- Lounge wear, pajamas, nightgowns, shirts. (New only with tags.)
- Medical assistance devices, crutches, rehab boots, shower chairs, walkers, wheelchairs
- Movie projectors and screens
- Particle board or pressed wood furniture
- Painted toys, wood or metal for children under 12
- Personal care items
- Pet mattresses, beds and cages (only new with tags accepted)
- Pool toys
- Puzzles, must be new and unopened
- Ride-on-toys, including tricycles
- Rocker toys , vintage accepted, attach label “Not Intended for Children”
- Rugs, exceeding 5×7
- Skis/ski boots
- Snowboards large sleds, must be new with store tags
- Stuffed animals, must be new with store tags
- Toilet seats
- Toys, magnetic, soft rubber, painted wood or metal items will not be accepted. (Unused games only.)
- Toy chests
- Typewriters, only vintage, antique